We love outdoor “rooms” with fire pits. They extend your outdoor time by weeks. Seems the latest craze is repurposing metal things into fire pits. Here’s a list of some of the most innovative ones we could find:
1) Metal Wheelbarrow Fire Pit: If you’ve got a metal one that’s broken down, try to turn it into a fire pit. It’ll look cool in your back yard.
2) Washing Machine Drum Fire Pit: Our app users love this. Next time someone you know is getting rid of their washing machine, ask for the drum inside. They make beautiful fire pits.
3) Paver Brick Fire Pit: Brick and concrete pavers make easy fire pit insulation material. There are many tutorials to find on the web for these homemade fire rings.
4) Wash Pail Fire Pit: A metal wash pail can work as a fire pit. Just be sure that if it’s galvanized you give plenty of time for the chemicals on the metal to burn off.
5) In-Ground Fire Pit: This is a classic and easy fire pit to make at home.
7) Shopping Cart Fire Pit: My favorite, with built-in log storage rack.
8) Industrial Wire Waste Fire Bowls: You can always try your hand a making fire bowls like these.
9) Tractor Rim Fire Ring: If you have access to a tractor rim, it makes a great fire ring.
10) Castiron Bathtub Fire Pit: Maybe you have an old tub hanging about?