We’ve been going through a lot of satsumas and clementines lately. This time of year, we save the skins for reuse. Turns out orange peel skin, and citrus peel in general, whether it’s dried orange peel or fresh, is a versatile material used widely from the kitchen, to the garden, and in the fireplace. If you don’t compost, here are our top 20 orange peel uses to entice you to keep them out of your garbage.
1) Make a natural cleaning product. It will work wonders in your house and office and is really easy to make. Saves a bundle, too.
2) Dry your orange peels and use as fire starter. They’re naturally flammable and burn longer than your ordinary stick.
3) Orange peels in water make a great insect repellant for the home. Keep ’em out!
4) Create an orange peel candle.
5) Orange peel essential oil is a really strong ingredient to add to any natural house cleaning product.
6) Put all your orange peels in the compost for natural fertilizer for your garden.
7) Use your peels for orange zest in recipes.
8) Place some dried peels in your old brown sugar to make sure it doesn’t solidify due to moisture.
9) Make spiced candied orange peel and give it as a gift.
10) Orange peel roses look beautiful as a centerpiece.
11) Try your luck with an orange peel sugar scrub to kiss winter skin goodbye.
12) Start your garden early by growing seedlings in a citrus peel starter pot.
13) Squeeze orange peels onto your dryer lint to enhance their ability as fire starter fodder.
14) Dried orange peels can extend the life of your potpourri.
15) Orange peel deodorizer: Put a few orange peels in the bottom of your trash cans. They are a great deodorizer.
16) Natural mosquito repellent: Try rubbing orange peels over your skin to deter those bugs.
17) Make an orange peel bird feeder for the birds.
18) Simmer with your favorite whole spices like allspice, cinnamon, and cloves to create a lovely aroma in your home.
19) Make some cool looking orange peel teeth for Halloween.
20) Occasionally put an orange peel down into the garbage disposal to clean out your disposal and make it smell fresh.
Don’t stop at 20!
21) Craft some adorable orange peel boats with the kids.
What do you do with your orange peels?
4 thoughts on “20 Reuses For Orange Peels”
Nice to know about the uses of orange peels 🙂 Thanks for sharing this
You’re welcome! And thanks so much for reading and commenting.
LikeLiked by 1 person
Pingback: 20 Banana Peel Uses | Pioneering The Simple Life
Pingback: Laranja: desperdício zero | Gastar metade Viver o dobro